Re: How many consoles can conserver support??

Chris Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Thu, 28 May 2009 19:24:43 GMT

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 15:13 -0400, Rob wrote:
> That's the order of magnitude I was looking for ...... forgot to
> mention I'm running Linux ..... anyone with experience on that OS??

I have ran 7.2.X and I run 8.X now as a console manager for VMWare
guests using UDS.

On 7.2.X I experienced an odd problem that sometimes when conserver
would read() from a serial port it would block.  Now obviously select()
did say it was okay to read but some strange occurrence blocked the
read.  I simply killed the daemon and restarted.

I saw this happening by using strace to attach to the process and then
seeing what fd it was blocking on then I would look in /proc/<pid>/fd
and see what serial port that was associated with.