Re: How many consoles can conserver support??

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Thu, 28 May 2009 19:14:57 GMT

> Rob wrote:
> > Does anyone have any real life experience monitoring 100's of consoles???

> Maybe 6-7 years ago, we had a 400+ port setup on a single freebsd box.
> There were 256 consoles on a cyclades gigantic serial expander board
> and the rest on terminal servers. I don't recall any problems.

At the moment we have exactly 400 hosts on ours.
We are using a Dell 1950 running NetBSD 4.0
and through 9 48-port Cyclades terminal servers.
It hardly breaks a sweat, I expect it could do a
whole lot more.

John