Re: consolue -u stops, gets Connection timed out

Mark Wedel Mark.Wedel@Sun.Com
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:00:05 -0800 (PST)

Bryan Stansell wrote:
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 02:22:51PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:
It sounds like just killing 8211 should fix the problem (the master process will see it died and restart at anew). I don't know if this is a problem you want further debugging data from or not.

yep, that should fix it. from the output it looks like the console on fd 33 is defined to be a program of some sort (since it's talking to a pseudo-tty). looks like that code doesn't set O_NONBLOCK on the fd, where sockets, etc would. could be an oversite - i thought i had added O_NONBLOCK to everything a while back. anyway, that's probably the issue...as the FileWrite() code is supposed to hide/deal with that.

That makes sense. For a lot of our consoles, we use various scripts that log into different types of service processors and then get the console. I could certainly believe that some of those connections could go away, SP get hung, etc. ptree shows:

# ptree 8211
7712  conserver -d
  8211  conserver -d
    8227  <defunct>
    8221  /bin/sh -ce ssh -l admin stingtest-sp.sfbay
      8222  ssh -l admin stingtest-sp.sfbay
    4575  /bin/sh -ce ssh -l admin blower-sp
      4577  ssh -l admin blower-sp

I'm tending to guess that it may be process 8227 that is causing problems, as the two other ones look just fine, but not sure.

In any case, killing off 8211 fixed the problem - Thanks!