consolue -u stops, gets Connection timed out

Mark Wedel Mark.Wedel@Sun.Com
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:53:47 -0800 (PST)

I'm running a fairly large installation with conserver (1100+ console).

Doing a console -u will print out a bunch of consoles, but at some points, stops for a bit and then prints:

console.i386: connect(): 52044@192.168.9.2: Connection timed out

and then prints out the rest of the consoles.

192.168.9.2 is our master conserver server. If 52044 is a process id, there is no such process on that host.

I realize I could probably restart the master processes, but that would probably result in a fair number of upset users, so just trying to figure out what this error is, how to fix it, and how to avoid having it happen again.

Thanks.