Re: consolue -u stops, gets Connection timed out

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:41:59 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 02:22:51PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:
>  It sounds like just killing 8211 should fix the problem (the master
>  process will see it died and restart at anew).  I don't know if this is a
> problem you want further debugging data from or not.

yep, that should fix it.  from the output it looks like the console on
fd 33 is defined to be a program of some sort (since it's talking to a
pseudo-tty).  looks like that code doesn't set O_NONBLOCK on the fd,
where sockets, etc would.  could be an oversite - i thought i had added
O_NONBLOCK to everything a while back.  anyway, that's probably the
issue...as the FileWrite() code is supposed to hide/deal with that.

if my assumption about the console type is wrong, please let me know.
otherwise, i believe that's the issue.  now, why the console is not
accepting the data from the write() call, that's intresting in itself
(and finding the right program connected to that pseudo-tty and killing
it is probably a more graceful way than killing that conserver
sub-process).  conserver should gracefully handle that situation, that's
for sure...but there could be another issue lurking around that you
might want to investigate.

Bryan