Re: Confusion on master/slave setup

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

there was a previous thread about this last month starting here (sorta):

https://www.conserver.com/pipermail/users/2006-March/msg00034.html

basically, you just define more consoles like you've done already, but
use a 'master' hostname that is your second console server (the one with
the two serial ports).  that value determines whether or not conserver
tries to manage the port - otherwise it just knows about it and
redirects clients to the server that is the real master (based on that
'master' value).

then distribute the conserver.cf file to both conserver hosts (either
via a shared filesystem or any distribution command).  when a client
connects to either conserver host, it'll either attach directly to the
console or be redirected to the appropriate server.

hope that helps.

Bryan