Re: More break help needed

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:32:13PM -0400, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
> As for the break sequence eventhough the standard break sequence works we
> use the alternate <CR> ~ ^B  but when I send it all I get is ^B and no
> break.  Any suggestions?

two possibilities, mainly 'cause i'm still not clear on your setup.

first off, if you haven't told your suns to recognize the alternate
break sequence, you'll need to enable it with modifying /etc/default/kbd
or using the 'kbd' command.  that'll disable the standard serial break
and enable the alt-break recognition.

second, you'll more than likely need to insert delays into the break
sequence.  so, something like

break 2 { string "\r\d~\d^b"; delay 600; }

should work.  if you use this, make sure you apply the patch i posted
yesterday regarding break sequences...as this tickles the existing bug.

so, hopefully, with those two things done, it should start properly
sending the break sequence and the host should start recognizing it.

Bryan