Re: 7.2.2 - bug in matching host names?

John Stoffel stoffel@lucent.com
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

>>>>> "John" == John Clear <jac@panix.com> writes:

John> I can't find it mentioned in the manpages, but this is a 'feature'.

I personally think it's a bug, since it doens't TELL you that it's
expanding the name.  I need to turn this feature off completely.

John> You can truncate names on the command line as long as they are
John> not ambiguous.

Bad bad bad design.  I guess I didn't realize about this feature or I
would have complained before.  This is the type of tool which should
force you to specify exactly which console you want, and to not try
and guess without telling you that.

Or at least asking for a confirmation.

Thanks for your help John.