7.2.2 - bug in matching host names?

John Stoffel stoffel@lucent.com
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bryan,

We just had an interesting problem this morning, when a server called
'orca' went down.  One of the admins tried to connect to it's console
using conserver.  There IS an entry for another host called 'orcas',
note the plural.  But there isn't an entry for 'orca'.  So he
connected to the wrong system without noticing it.

Is this a problem with the version 7.2.2 code?  That 'orca' is an
acceptable match for 'orcas' in the conserver.cf file?

I haven't had a chance to look into the code yet, and I know I should
upgrade to the 8.x stuff, so maybe we'll do that now.

John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
	 stoffel@lucent.com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-952-7548