Re: Can't get conserver to work

Jim Gottlieb jimmy@nccom.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:29:55 -0800 (PST)

On 2004-01-25 at 17:16, Pete Geenhuizen (pgeenhuizen@carolina.rr.com) wrote:

> I've got the daemon running, and I'm trying to get to the console of
> either the local host or another Sun running Solaris 9.

How are connecting to the console on the remote machine?  It's not
clear from your message if you understand that you need to have a
serial connection, or if you think conserver will magically connect you
to a remote machine's console.

> The local host has a console and keyboard the remote host doesn't.

If there is a local keyboard, then you won't be able to access the
console on that machine unless you've specified in the NVRAM to use a
certain serial port as the console instead of a local keyboard and
monitor.

> console -v -l pete myhost
> Enter pete@myhost's password:

This is conserver's password protection, so that not just anyone on
your host can connect.  If you want to override this for testing, set
your local host as "trusted" in the conserver.cf file.