Re: Request

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:42:25AM +0100, duncan_j_ferguson wrote:
> Can I request an optional tag be included with the server name in
> unloved console output, or the time stamp info in the server log files?

never hurts...but i'm not sure if you need it.

> hit each port with a script to send a <RETURN> then scan the log files
> to see what names i can pick up.  When all ports have been scanned,
> rewrite the conserver.cf files and HUP conserver.  However, i cannot
> currently see how to associate which log file with which terminal server
> and port to grab the correct host name correctly.  Using an optional tag
> would resolve this.

how about the 'console -i' output?  that's there to give random details
in a parsable way.  it shows the console name, device specification,
etc.  you should be able to use that to get all the info, right?

i may be totally off on what you meant, so please correct me if i'm
wrong.  it really sounds like what you'd like to do is possible.

Bryan