conserver-8.0.0 is available

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

I've decided to go ahead and finally release 8.0.0.  There were only a
couple of changes since the 8.0.0-beta4 release, so I feel comfortable
finally packaging it up.

Here are the changes since 8.0.0-beta4.  For those upgrading from
pre-8.0.0 versions, *please* read the INSTALL file for details on
migration.

version 8.0.0 (Sep 22, 2003):
	- better error messages and management of the user's password
	- 8.0.0-beta4 mistakenly lost conserver.passwd usage
	- empty passwords now don't trigger a passwd prompt (like 7.2.7)
	- upgraded to autoconf-2.57 and use recent config.guess/sub
	  files - suggested by Jorgen Hagg <jorgen.hagg@axis.com>
	- we now install the conserver.rc file as well as sample
	  conserver.cf and conserver.passwd files in
	  $(prefix)/share/examples/conserver - suggested by
	  Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@netbsd.org>

Bryan Stansell