Re: New to Conserver

Greg A. Woods woods@weird.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:31:08 -0800 (PST)

[ On Monday, November 10, 2003 at 15:44:07 (-0800), Bryan Stansell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: New to Conserver
>
> it's the tcp port the 90M should be listening on.  the idea is it makes
> a socket connection to 'host' on tcp/ip port 'port'.  so, looks like
> you're quite close.  if you can telnet to 10.0.1.250 on a certain port
> and talk to the console, you should be able to just point conserver at
> it and it should work.  then you can think about the 'logfile' and
> 'timestamp' options.  ;-)

The DECserver 90M is much the same as the 32-port DECserver 900TM and
the 8-port 90TL units that I have (and also similar to the 90L+).

The 90M is nice in that it also has a 10baseT RJ45 on the front for its
network connection and as well it has FlashRAM to boot from.  The 90TL
has no FlashRAM and only the 10baseT BNC connector (though luckily I
have a DEChub 900 backplane :-)

I'd love to have a 90M, in a multistack chassis or with a little
DEChub-90, for my office! ;-)

They run DECserver NAS and its telnet listeners are on ports 2001 and
up.  They require a port access password ("access" by default) to
connect and thus the "chat" patches I submitted.

Port#1 is usually the console of the terminal server itself (to which
you would normally attach an RS-232 terminal for direct access) and so
when you "telnet decserver 2001" and enter the port access password you
will connect to Port#2.

--
						Greg A. Woods