Re: Setting up a DIGI STS with Conserver

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:24:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:52:50PM -0500, Jeff Horn wrote:
> Has anyone successfully done this?  Could you tell me how?  I have set
> up the drivers supplied by Digi and can connect to these devices via
> tip.  When I connect through the console program, I get an error message
> like "line is down" or something like that.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Horn

Well, if by 'STS' you mean a SCSI based server, then yes, it can work.
I've set up a model ST-1610 on a Solaris host and it "just worked" by
pointing conserver at the /dev/cua/ ports.

Here are some sample entries:

digi-8:/dev/cua/7:9600p:&:1h
digi-9:/dev/cua/8:9600p:&:1h
digi-10:/dev/cua/9:9600p:&:1h

If it's not working, it would be nice to know what version of conserver
you're trying it with, what operating system your using, what your
conserver.cf entries look like, and (if a recent version of conserver)
'conserver -v -D' output.

Hope that helps.

Bryan