Re: Setting up a DIGI STS with Conserver

Patrick M. Landry pml@cacs.louisiana.edu
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Jeff Horn <jeff.horn@nssl.noaa.gov>

> Has anyone successfully done this?  Could you tell me how?  I have set
> up the drivers supplied by Digi and can connect to these devices via
> tip.  When I connect through the console program, I get an error message
> like "line is down" or something like that.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Horn

I have a Digi mux also and have seen this. I think it has to do
with conserver attempting to open the port before the Digi drivers
are completely loaded and ready for connections. Anyway, I have had
success using '^Eco' (that's control-e then c then o) to force
conserver to re-open the device when it reports "line is down".
Doesn't help for logging until you go to the console for that line
and type it though. I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I am
going to try delaying the start of conserver during bootup to see
if that solves the problem.
--
Patrick Landry                     The Center for Advanced Computer Studies
Senior System Administrator        The University of Louisiana at Lafayette