RE: Setting up a DIGI STS with Conserver

Patrick M. Landry pml@cacs.louisiana.edu
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

> > > From: Jeff Horn <jeff.horn@nssl.noaa.gov>
> > >
> > > Has anyone successfully done this?  Could you tell me how?  I have set
> > > up the drivers supplied by Digi and can connect to these devices via
> > > tip.  When I connect through the console program, I get an error message
> > > like "line is down" or something like that.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Jeff Horn
> > >

> > I have a Digi mux also and have seen this. I think it has to do
> > with conserver attempting to open the port before the Digi drivers
> > are completely loaded and ready for connections. Anyway, I have had
> > success using '^Eco' (that's control-e then c then o) to force
> > conserver to re-open the device when it reports "line is down".
> > Doesn't help for logging until you go to the console for that line
> > and type it though. I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I am
> > going to try delaying the start of conserver during bootup to see
> > if that solves the problem.
> > --
> > Patrick Landry                     The Center for Advanced Computer Studies
>
> From: Chris Fowler <ChrisF@computone.com>
>
> Can you not use the unit without the drivers?  Use only the Reverse-TCP
> support.

Whoops. My mistake. I have a Digi multiplexor which provides serial
ports via the PCI bus. The only way to use the serial ports is through
the devices supplied by the digi drivers. Apparently the STS which you
have is not a plain mux but a teminal server of some kind.
--
Patrick Landry                     The Center for Advanced Computer Studies
Senior System Administrator        The University of Louisiana at Lafayette