Re: Conserver -> Unable to open vsp.

Zonker Harris consoleteam@gmail.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:01:38 GMT

I don't have useful experience with HP LOM interfaces, but some others (SUN as one vendor example) default to the LOM login when you reboot the machine. You need to log into the service coprocessor, and then invoke the console session, in order to talk to the TTY on the machine.

I'm not sure if this is similar with the HP coprocessor. Maybe you can log in once and be good... Maybe the HP has a service time-out (inactivity timer) which is closing the TTY session (and maybe the timer can be defeated)... Or maybe this is a red herring. I just wanted you to know that the email list is working. :-)

If you are connecting a laptop (or other debugging device) to the HP, can you leave it in the TTY mode? If you disconnect the laptop and reconnect it, is it still in the TTY mode? (Maybe you have a hardware handshake issue, where DTR is toggling a port reset.)

         <  Z  >