conserver-8.1.19 is available

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:00:16 GMT

(I used to cross-post between the announce and users mailing lists.  I
forgot to this time, so here is the slightly tweaked message for
everyone on this list.)

After almost 3 years, I'm happy to announce a new release.  While there
are tweaks and a couple bug fixes, there's one big addition that's aimed
at being a "catch all" for folks who want to tie in power management or
any other scripted activity (like unwedging a terminal server port):
server-side tasks.

As always, let me know (ideally on the mailing list, so others see it
too) any issues or ideas.  Patches are always good too.  ;-)

Thanks!

version 8.1.19 (Sep 26, 2013):
	- prevent select/read loop when EOF on non-pty input (console) -
	  reported by Chris Marget <chris@marget.com>
	- "!" syntax prefixing use of group names not honored - reported by
	  Zonker <consoleteam@gmail.com>
	- fixed memory leak using timestamps - patch by Karvendhan M.
	  <Karvendhan.M@netapp.com>
	- deprecated --with-cycladests (noop now) - cross-compilation should
	  work without it as autologin now expects setpgrp() to take two
	  arugments instead of testing for it
	- no automatic checks for an empty password when using PAM
	  authentication - based on discussion with Ryan Kirkpatrick
	  <linux@rkirkpat.net>
	- added 'sslcacertificatefile' and 'sslcacertificatepath' client
	  configuration options - based on patch by Aki Tuomi <cmouse@cmouse.fi>
	- added 'sslcacertificatefile' and 'sslreqclientcert' server
	  configuration options
	- added --with-req-server-cert to force clients to require a certificate
	  from the server when using SSL - based on emails with Thor Simon
	  <tls@coyotepoint.com>
	- added server-side tasks (see conserver.cf man page) that are invoked
	  by the client (useful for things like IPMI-based power control of
	  servers, invoking resets of terminal server ports, or anything else
	  that requires scripting) - ideas from patch by Anton Lundin
	  <glance@acc.umu.se> and discussion on mailing list (2011)
	- added 'confirm' option to break sequences
	- added 'breaklist' option to limit exposure of break sequences to
	  consoles
	- sending of break signals is now announced to all attached clients

Bryan Stansell