Re: recommendations for "dumb" console servers

Chris Ross cross+conserver@distal.com
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:50:14 GMT

On Feb 15, 2012, at 20:24 , Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 19:08 -0600, Rob Windsor wrote:
>>
>> It immediately doubles the price tag, so yeah.
>
> How did you come to that conclusion?  Just go on eBay and buy old stuff.

  Some people want/need to buy "new" equipment.  In this economy, it's nice to be able to buy things off of eBay, and I do that for myself personally, but a lot of companies have requirements that things are bought through channels, and from businesses, etc etc.  His conclusion is likely based simply on looking at new equipment from suppliers.  And an understandable likelihood.  Not very many people are making "dumb" or "simple" anything these days.

        - Chris