RE: How many consoles can conserver support??

Greg Brown gregb_ka6max@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 May 2009 20:48:19 GMT

Using tcp raw sockets works well for me on our private "back door" network.  When going through the production network or production WANs, it is best to use SSH.

We use Xyplex terminal servers in 48 and 24 port varieties.  They work great.  Had 150 consoles on one 7.2 Conserver.  Keep daily logs on all traffic and store off to archive each night at midnight.  Scan the logs for problems and e-mail sysadmins based on which servers they take care of.

Greg Brown
Computer Sciences Corp.
San Diego, CA.