Re: initial console connection requires authentication

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:09:14 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:51:50PM -0600, Ken Schumacher wrote:
> I will go back to the manual and look at this again.  But I will tell
> you up front that I have been trying to configure conserver to use the
> RFC-2217 protocol and I am getting the login prompts. I have assumed
> this request to authenticate was coming from the Opengear.

i just took a quick look at pages 45 through 49 of that CM4000 user
manual.  i'd suggest setting the access type to "Raw TCP" and having
conserver connect on ports 4000+n.  the rfc 2217 stuff doesn't seem
right for conserver purposes (conserver certainly doesn't talk it so
there might be some weirdness there).  the implication (based on the
manual) is that there won't be a login prompt using raw tcp.

there's my 2 cents.  ;-)

Bryan