Re: Help with 'initcmd'

Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt kvs@binarysolutions.dk
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Fabien Wernli <wernli@in2p3.fr> writes:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:20:03PM +0200, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:
>> Thanks, but that's the approach we're already using. I wanted to get rid
>> off some of the proccesses, since we now have 86 machines using this
>> type of console.
>
> sorry for misunderstanding

No worries, I wasn't being clear enough :)

>> Previously, that meant an sh+perl+ssh process per machine. Now, I've cut
>> it down to sh+perl (using Net:SSH2), but it would be even better with
>> just sh+ssh.
>
> I see. I have a conserver managing 234 boxes using similar techniques,
> and indeed I have 1118 conserver processes running. There seems to be a
> memory leak somewhere as you can see on the graph:
>
> http://chown.free.fr/tmp/consrv10.png
>
> I'm not sure yet where this is coming from

Yeah, one of the "solutions" would be to just throw some more RAM at the
conserver-machine, but it would be cool if it wasn't necessary.

>> On an off note, it would be nice if conserver supported ssh directly
>> (for example, by linking with libssh2).
>
> not sure about the 2100, but X4x00 should support SOL as they claim to be
> IPMI 2.0 capable. However this isn't the case yet using the latest ILOM
> formware. SUN support told us however that this should be solved, sometime
> in the future, so this should ease things dramatically.

The X2100 M2 supports IPMIv2 SOL just fine, except there's an annoying
lag to everything - about 200ms or so. I haven't figured out why.

--
Best Regards
Kenneth Schmidt