Re: Help with 'initcmd'

Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt kvs@binarysolutions.dk
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:20:12 -0700 (PDT)

Fabien Wernli <wernli@in2p3.fr> writes:
>> I'm trying to get conserver to talk to our Sun Fire X2100 eLOM consoles
>> via ssh, and used the trick described on
>> http://www.laen.org/2006/10/09/conserver-and-sun-x4100s/ to do
>
> I also wrote a script, maybe you wanna try it instead. I submitted it to
> conserver.com, but the author seems quite busy.

Thanks, but that's the approach we're already using. I wanted to get rid
off some of the proccesses, since we now have 86 machines using this
type of console.

Previously, that meant an sh+perl+ssh process per machine. Now, I've cut
it down to sh+perl (using Net:SSH2), but it would be even better with
just sh+ssh.

On an off note, it would be nice if conserver supported ssh directly
(for example, by linking with libssh2).

--
Best Regards
Kenneth Schmidt