Re: Help with 'initcmd'

Fabien Wernli wernli@in2p3.fr
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:20:03PM +0200, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:
> Thanks, but that's the approach we're already using. I wanted to get rid
> off some of the proccesses, since we now have 86 machines using this
> type of console.

sorry for misunderstanding

> Previously, that meant an sh+perl+ssh process per machine. Now, I've cut
> it down to sh+perl (using Net:SSH2), but it would be even better with
> just sh+ssh.

I see. I have a conserver managing 234 boxes using similar techniques,
and indeed I have 1118 conserver processes running. There seems to be a
memory leak somewhere as you can see on the graph:

http://chown.free.fr/tmp/consrv10.png

I'm not sure yet where this is coming from

> On an off note, it would be nice if conserver supported ssh directly
> (for example, by linking with libssh2).

not sure about the 2100, but X4x00 should support SOL as they claim to be
IPMI 2.0 capable. However this isn't the case yet using the latest ILOM
formware. SUN support told us however that this should be solved, sometime
in the future, so this should ease things dramatically.