Re: Escape-sequence on telnet connecton

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:20:52 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:17:43AM +0100, Nagy Andreas wrote:
> On the telnet connection I can not switch to another console (^Ec;), always
> getting the connected message.
> But, this shouldn't be a problem (for me) at this time!

switching consoles really just causes the client to disconnect from the
current console and connect to a new one.  so, it's just like shutting
down telnet and starting up a new one.  and it's just one example of how
the client/server protocol doesn't "work" with telnet (another is
'^Ec|'...you'd really get in a weird state with that one).

Bryn