conserver and terminals

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm@maven.pl
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:03:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have a setup where conserver runs on a machine with xoxa 8 x serial card.
Moxa serial ports are connected to linux machines doing serial consoles.
There are also other devices like hp procurve switch and fibre channel
switch.

Now the problem is that fc switch displays

CMD> (as seen in minicom)

but conserver displays it as:
ETUT))q)QUUU)QUQE\EJUU

What I'm trying to do is create kind of console server under Linux that would
allow easy access to multiple serial consoles and other hardware etc.

I was thinking about running some microcom/nanocom serial terminal program
directly as user shell so user would need just to ssh
serial_console_XY@my.console.server.com to get serial console for his
machine. That would be simple, secure and I would get good terminal
emulation.

First I want to give conserver a chance because it has nice features like
logging etc. Unfortunately I don't see how to get nice terminal emulation in
conserver?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team