Re: conserver and terminals

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm@maven.pl
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:56:23 -0800 (PST)

On sobota, 20 stycznia 2007, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 03:02 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > ETUT))q)QUUU)QUQE\EJUU
>
> When I see "garbage" the first thing I think is that your device is
> talking one speed and conserver another.

Under minicom - 9600, 38400 - no response from device, 19200 - communication
with device works correctly. Conserver *was* set to use 19200:

 fc                       on /dev/ttyM0@localhost             at  19200n

The interesting thing is that minicom doesn't show device as being Online even
if communication works.

I was also trying to get access to device using other terminal programs like
microcom and nanocom but failed.

Any ideas what minicom could be doing that makes things work?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team