Re: Telnet, again...

Marion Hakanson hakansom@ohsu.edu
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

MFerreira@comstore.pt said:
> I have tested it using Tera Term, Putty, Microsoft Telnet (Windows XP) and
> Linux telnet. Tera Term won't work. Linux Telenet will get "loose" once I try
> to connect (after "^Ec;"), Putty and Microsoft Telnet works like the same,
> after "^Ec;" when I press enter I get the "login:" message twice. I wish I
> can make my test lab public so you can come in and check what is wrong.

I've used putty in this mode to connect to an IOLAN Rack+ (reverse telnet).
To get rid of the "double return" problem, after you've started the putty
connection, right-click on the top of the putty window, select the
"Change Settings" item, then "Telnet", then de-select the check-box
labelled "Return key sends Telnet New Line instead of ^M".  Can't help
you with the other telnet clients.

Regards,

Marion