Re: conserver problem with 8-port rocket board

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Wed, 24 May 2006 13:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 15:01 -0500, John Newman wrote:
> Just from reading the docs I can't quite see a way to disable
> conserver
> from listening on ports altogether, except for the unix domain sockets
> option.   Is there a way to make it run without UDS or listening on
> tcp
> sockets, so that only the console program can be used to access the
> serial connections?

Use iptables to only allow access from the lo interface.  Thats what I
do with many programs that listen on tcp sockets that I do not want
anything external to have access to.