Re: conserver problem with 8-port rocket board

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 24 May 2006 13:08:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 02:57:00PM -0500, John Newman wrote:
> Ok, as long as it's not just something broken on my end.  In fact, I
> prefer to use the client.   But I wonder why conserver even supports
> listening on ports if the feature doesn't work...

which feature is this?  no where does conserver claim to implement the
telnet protocol (at the server - it does do it's best while talking to
term servers).  it does implement a telnet-like client/server protocol
(for lack of a better description).  listening on ports certainly
doesn't imply telnet compatibility.  and, just as you can use telnet to
interact with a web server and do queries, you happen to be able to use
telnet to interact with conserver.  but in both cases you must talk the
appropriate protocol.

Bryan