Re: Still too much data

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:51:03 -0700 (PDT)

Back in the old days of doing much serial stuff I had a test I would
run on printers, terminals, etc to see if flow control was an issue.

Below is a sample test.

[cfowler@ze1250 cfowler]$ cat test.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

for(my $x = 1; $x <= $ARGV[0]; $x++) {
  printf "%04d
}

The key here is that you look at the output.  If you see lines missing
or something wrong then you know you have a flow control issue.