Re: Cascading Conservers...

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:17:53 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:43:33AM -0700, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Does anyone have an example configuration for cascading Conservers? I have
> a primary system with a large number of serial ports running Conserver,
> but I also have a second system with just a few serial ports also running
> Conserver. I remember in older versions of Conserver (pre 8.x) it was
> possible to chain them, so if I requested a port from the primary server
> that was actually on the secondary server, the primary server would
> automatically redirect the console connection there. Is this still
> possible? Thanks!

it works the same as before...the easiest way taking a conserver.cf file
and distributing it to all the conserver hosts.  there's an example in
conserver.cf/samples/average-distributed.cf (which builds on others in
there).  the only "trick" is to have the 'master' for each console
defined appropriately.  you can almost take the two conserver.cf files
you have now and just cat them together and distribute that (in some
cases that'll "just work", for others not quite so - depends on how you
set things up).

Bryan