Sending BREAK to a Open Gear console server

Mike Daigle mdaigle@yorku.ca
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:00:11 -0800 (PST)

I am having some trouble configuring conserver to send a BREAK to an Open Gear console server.

The break sequence for this console server is ~b
When I am connected through conserver I can use ~b directly from my keyboard and get the right results (the host halts - ok)

In my conserver.cf file I have:
break 4 { string "~b"; }

On the conserver console connection when I use ^Ecl4 it sends a '~b' but this is not seen as a break signal by the console server, it is sent to the port as text, (and I get a response from the host - not ok)

What am I doing wrong?

--
Mike Daigle                                          \ |       |
Network Operations Project Supervisor                 \| /\ |~ |/

For thousands of years mankind lived just like the animals;
Then something happened that unleashed the power of his imagination;
He learned to talk.
	-- Pink Floyd