Re: Sending BREAK to a Open Gear console server

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:05:21 -0800 (PST)

this is a semi-random guess, but you might want to try "~\db" as the
break sequence.  suns, for example, require a bit of a delay in between
their character sequences to know that it's a human typing instead of a
computer sending data down the line (or, at least, they used to for
certain implementations) and opengear might be using a similar technique.

you can tweak the delays with the delay option in the break definition,
if the default of 250ms isn't enough.  i can't imagine what else might
be going on.

Bryan