Re: using conserver to link vmware virtual machines to Raritan console servers

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

This is awesome.  Does what I need it to do.  I did see a problem
when trying to gain access as a regular user

[cfowler@shuttle consoles]$ /opt/conserver/bin/console fc4
console: connect(): /tmp/conserver/0: Permission denied
[cfowler@shuttle consoles]$ sudo /opt/conserver/bin/console fc4
[Enter `^Ec?' for help]

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
Kernel 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4 on an i686

fc4.linxdev.com login: root
Password: Login timed out after 60 seconds

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
Kernel 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4 on an i686

fc4.linxdev.com login:

Also if you kill -9 conserver you have to remove /tmp/conserver
manually.