serial device forwarding with conserver ?

Marc Baaden baaden@smplinux.de
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:17:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am currently trying to make a (serial) device on one machine available to a
second machine and have started to play with conserver for this. I can connect
to the serial port in question via console.
Now what I'd like to do is create a local device from this, some kind of
/dev/ttyS0_over_conserver

Is this possible ?
And how would one go about ?

(The point is that I want to use a software program that accesses the device
and I need to tell it via an environment variable where to find it, usually
something a la /dev/ttyS0)

Thanks in advance,

  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr