Re: LISA 2005 attendees?

John Stoffel john.stoffel@taec.toshiba.com
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:17:57 -0800 (PST)

Bill> Are you using the serial port or are you using the ALOM as a
Bill> one-port terminal server?

I'm using the ALOM port at the hookin from my Avocent CPS16, which is
controlled by conserver.  I just get:

	   [halt sent]

	   BREAK Requested - Access Denied

When I try to send a break.  I need to do '#.' to get to the sc>
prompt where I can do a 'break -y' and the 'console' to get back to
the PROM level, etc.

Bill> We're using the latter.  The original ALOM firmware didn't pass
Bill> through a telnet break as a console break, but there's a newer
Bill> version of the ALOM firmware available which will pass through a
Bill> telnet BREAK.

Cool.  Do you know which firmware this is?

    sc> showsc
    Advanced Lights Out Manager v1.5.1

Does this make sense?

John