Sun ALOM and conserver question

John Stoffel john.stoffel@taec.toshiba.com
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:26:23 -0800 (PST)

Guys,

I'm falling back to you all, even though I know I should be able to
find this answer out on google.  Anyway,  we've got a new SunFire V210
with ALOM.  I've plugged the Serial Mgt port into my (shudder) Avocent
Console Server and I can access things just fine.

But if I send a standard Sun break (^ecl0), I get the messages:

    BREAK Requested - Access Denied

And the damm thing just sits there running through various steps.  I
can't send a break no matter what, though I admit I just did set a
password for the admin user on the ALOM board just now.

I can get to the SC> prompt on the ALOM, and then send a break
command, but it's friggin awkward.  Anyone have a clue on how to
disable this stuff, or do I need to just not use this port and instead
work with the regular serial port?

Just to make it clear, I'm plugged into the RJ45 serial management
port on the back.  There's a DB9 serial port, I should try that too I
guess...

Thanks,
John