Re: Raritan Dominion SX Console servers.

nathan r. hruby nhruby@uga.edu
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:41:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Mike Daigle wrote:

I am looking to buy some new console servers to work with conserver. The
most attractive thing I have seen so far is the Raritan Dominion SX. We
will get the 48 port model.

The reasons I like it are that it has a faster processor than most.
Processor speed is 200MHZ to Cyclades 66MHz. This will help with those
slow SSH connections. And the price is the lowest I have been quoted on
so far.

Does anybody hae experience with these devices? I am assuming they will
work with conserver - is that a leap of faith or should I test it, or
has anybody else tested it?

They also advertise that they are Sun BREAK safe.

Heh. Raritan has been calling my boss of late, so I too would be interested in the answers to this :)

Thanks!

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support