Raritan Dominion SX Console servers.

Mike Daigle mdaigle@yorku.ca
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:16:25 -0800 (PST)

I am looking to buy some new console servers to work with conserver. The most attractive thing I have seen so far is the Raritan Dominion SX. We will get the 48 port model.

The reasons I like it are that it has a faster processor than most. Processor speed is 200MHZ to Cyclades 66MHz. This will help with those slow SSH connections. And the price is the lowest I have been quoted on so far.

Does anybody hae experience with these devices? I am assuming they will work with conserver - is that a leap of faith or should I test it, or has anybody else tested it?

They also advertise that they are Sun BREAK safe.

--
Mike Daigle                                          \ |       |
Network Operations Project Supervisor                 \| /\ |~ |/

For thousands of years mankind lived just like the animals;
Then something happened that unleashed the power of his imagination;
He learned to talk.
	-- Pink Floyd