Perle CS9000

Mike Daigle mdaigle@yorku.ca
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:41:48 -0800 (PST)

HI Gang:
I posted a few weeks ago asking about comments on the Raritan products. Got enough bad news to steer away from that stuff.

Now I am looking at the PERLE CS9000 console servers based on just the attractive price tag. Looks like it should serve as a basic console server and I can let conserver do all the logging, port mapping and stuff that it does well.

Anybody out there have good or bad experience with these devices?

-- Mike Daigle \ | | Network Operations Project Supervisor \| /\ |~ |/ Computing and Network Services | \/ | |\ Room 011 Steacie Science Library UNIVERSITY Email: mdaigle@yorku.ca 4700 Keele St. Toronto Phone: 736-2100 ext.22730 Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3

For thousands of years mankind lived just like the animals;
Then something happened that unleashed the power of his imagination;
He learned to talk.
	-- Pink Floyd