RE: Limits to number of monitored servers?

Egan Ford egan@sense.net
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

Title: Message
I have setup systems with a single conserver as large a 1200 with no problems if using the native conserver telnet support.  I have had scaling issues when each console must be managed with a script (e.g. SOL).  YMMV.
-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces@conserver.com [mailto:users-bounces@conserver.com] On Behalf Of Brodie, Kent
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:15 PM
To: users@conserver.com
Subject: Limits to number of monitored servers?

Hi.  First off, I want to say how pleased I am with conserver.    In my previous role in our I.T. department, we had ‘consoleworks’ which worked great, but it was a bit pricy.     I’m in the research wings of our institution now, and funding for our I.T. stuff is always an issue.

‘conserver’ has done very well by us.

If anyone is interested, I have it working with Cyclades terminal servers (TS-series), using ssh key-authenticated sessions for the console sessions.     I’m available to answer questions on how that works if anyone needs.

Now on to my question:   Are there any known limitations on the number of monitored systems?   Currently, I have conserver monitoring 31 servers across two different terminal servers, and I’m about to connect up another 30 or so.    I’m interested to see if anyone has experiences along the lines of very large installations.

Thanks, --Kent C. Brodie, MS

              Medical College of Wisconsin