RE: conserver problem

Zonker Harris Zonker.Harris@bigbandnet.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

  What is 'in between' the conserver host, and the console ports
that you are trying to connect to with Conserver?

  (That is, is a multi-port serial interface in the Solaris 8
host, or terminal/console servers across the network?)

  My guess is that you are using some type of multiport interface,
since you're using TIP as well. (I believe that if Conserver was
successfully getting control of those interfaces, you would not
be able to tip to them when Conserver is running...have you tried
to do that?)

  Take a look in your main conserver log (typically /var/log/conserver)
and look for any useful info...

  Also, consider using the debug option when launching Conserver
manually. That will give you more verbose info, which may help
find the hangup. :-)

       -Z-

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces@conserver.com [mailto:users-bounces@conserver.com]On
Behalf Of Ashley Rowland
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:17 PM
To: users@conserver.com
Subject: conserver problem

I have a problem with the conserver software running in my environment. The
conserver software is running on a Solaris 8 server. On most of my hosts I
get a line is down error message. I can tip into these hosts, however. I
have checked the conserver's file and everything looks ok and when I start
the conserver daemon with the -v option, no error message is displayed.. Any
help would be greatly appreciated..

Ashley

* Ashley Rowland, CNE, CNA, MCP
*
* Unix Systems Administrator
*
* System Architecture and Infrastructure Design
*
* FEDEX Corporation
*
* arowland@hotmail.com
* ashdawg@bellsouth.net
* ashley.rowland@gmail.com

For all support issues please use the  support request system at:

http://rt.ecdev.fedex.com/NoAuth/UNIX/

To change your password go to:

http://admin.ecdev.fedex.com/cgi-bin/passwd.cgi