Re: conserver problem

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@sun.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:39:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 18:17, Ashley Rowland wrote:
> On most of my hosts I
> get a line is down error message. I can tip into these hosts, however. I
> have checked the conserver's file and everything looks ok and when I start
> the conserver daemon with the -v option, no error message is displayed.. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated..

I'm presuming from this that you're using conserver with local serial
ports. What sort of serial device are you using?

Can you use truss to monitor conserver as it's attempting to open/reopen
the ports? if you use ^c e o to force a reopen of the port, what
happens?

(FWIW, I'm using conserver as a front end to a motley assortment of
networked terminal servers rather than to hardwired serial ports..)

					- Bill