Re: conserver as serial portserver?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:42:39 -0800 (PST)

conserver won't do that for you.  not directly, at least.  it *is*
listening on tcp ports, and you could connect, authenticate, ask for the
console, etc (just like the 'console' program does) and then get
connected (it's not a minor action, however).  but to act more like a
terminal server, you probably really want something like ser2net
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ser2net/).  i haven't used it, but it
seems pretty darn cool, and more in line with what you're looking for.
i think there is at least one other package like ser2net out there, i
just don't remember what it's called (or if it really exists).

Bryan