conserver as serial portserver?

Frank R. Schneider frank@tinatin.de
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:31:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I implemented conserver with /dev/ttya and /dev/ttyb as devices on a SS5 sparc station. Each of the ports (A/B) is connected via a serial line to one sparc cluster node of a suncluster. I now may connect via "console -f ttyX" to each of the nodes consoles. This is thus a comfortable replacement for tip hardwireX (/etc/remote adapted). What I really want is to connect to the consoles on ttya and ttyb via a command like "telnet localhost <port>" where port should be specific for either ttya or ttyb - i.e. I want to substitute the missing annex by the conserver SW. Does anyone know, how conserver.cf has to be modified to get this working? Thanks in advance, Regards Frank