client -i option in 7.2.4

William P LePera lepera@us.ibm.com
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to use the client command's "-i" option in version 7.2.4, and am
getting the following error (w/ debug output enabled):

[root@c104l3ms05 conserver]# /opt/conserver/bin/console -i -DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
console: DEBUG: File I/O: Encapsulated fd 1 type 0
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: reset
console: DEBUG: buildMyStringChar: tried allocating 1024 bytes
console: DEBUG: buildMyStringChar: added 2 chars (2/1024 now)
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: added 7 chars (9/1024 now)
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: reset
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: tried allocating 1024 bytes
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: added 8 chars (8/1024 now)
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: reset
console: DEBUG: buildMyString: added 8 chars (8/1024 now)
console: gethostbyname: console: host lookup error

I also enabled debug on the server side, but did not see anything in the
log file that looked significant.

Any idea what could be causing this?  I checked the CHANGES file on the web
site, and did not see where this was reported as a problem, although it
works properly in 8.1.7.

The 7.2.4 version works fine otherwise.

Thanks,

Bill