Re: configure help ??

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:52:55 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 02:37:04PM -0500, Rick Gaine wrote:
> simply telnet to the port.  Can someone help me with a sample
> conserver.cf file to allow console connections to a hostname on port
> 23.  I've tried fooling around with it, but I haven't had any luck.

> I'd like to eliminate password checking since the machine this is
> running on is secure and all users can be trusted.

here's a config file that i hope fits your situation:

    access * { trusted 127.0.0.1; }
    default * { master localhost; logfile /var/consoles/&;
		rw *; type host; port 23; }
    console machinea { host hosta; }
    console machineb { host hostb; }

you can add more ips/hostnames/blocks to the trusted list in case you
aren't connecting via the loopback interface.  and fix up the
machine[ab]/host[ab] stuff to match the right hostnames and/or ip
addresses for accessing things.  and tweak logfile, if
necessary...basically double-check them all, but the general ideas here
should get you going.

so everyone knows, there are sample config files in conserver.cf/samples
that can help explain the config file and it's possibilities.  the
situation above is a bit different because it uses various ip addresses
instead of various port numbers for accessing the serial ports, but i
wanted to mention it.

Bryan