configure help ??

Rick Gaine rgaine@caip.rutgers.edu
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:37:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm new to conserver.  I just installed on a Solaris machine which has a
private network connection to a bridge box which links IP addresses to
serial ports.  I can get consoles by telnetting to the IP of the port
standard port 23.  I'd like to use conserver for this so I can benefit
from logging and access control.  I do realize that access control is some
what pointless because someone logging in to the machine can simply telnet
to the port.  Can someone help me with a sample conserver.cf file to allow
console connections to a hostname on port 23.  I've tried fooling around
with it, but I haven't had any luck.

Also, when I try to connect with console, it asks me for a password.
Nothing I try seems to work whether I give the login password of the user
I'm logged in as, or an entry from the conserver.passwd file.  I'd like to
eliminate password checking since the machine this is running on is secure
and all users can be trusted.

Thanks for any help.

Rick