Re: Help with break command

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:46:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 05:30:16PM -0400, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
> Nope, not using RSC, just connected to ttya.
> I can get to the OK prompt doing a telnet to the terminal server and the
> appropriate port.
> Using conserver I can get to the OK prompt before I log in, not after I
> login.

here's what i can tell you.

regardless of what state your solaris box is in, conserver should always
send an IAC/BREAK character sequence over the telnet connection when the
"\z" break sequence is used (which is the default for ^Ecl1).  nothing
that i know of will cause that to change.  it's then up to the terminal
server telnet daemon to process that sequence and actually do the
hardware break on the serial port.

now, there might be something going on internal to conserver to cause it
to get confused, goof up the IAC/BREAK sequence or something else.